[master] questions about recent changes in xlat

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Sat Oct 24 14:44:28 CEST 2020

Hello,

A couple of recent changes I've noticed in FreeRADIUS xlat framework:

1)
"%%" is no longer transformed to "%" (it remains %%).
Function xlat_eval_one_letter has a case for '%' but it seems it's not called anymore.
In function xlat_sync_eval which should call xlat_eval_one_letter, I see that node->type is 1 (XLAT_LITERAL) instead of 2 (XLAT_ONE_LETTER).

Is this change intended ?

According to the documentation it should work:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/doc/antora/modules/unlang/pages/xlat/character.adoc

2)
Using a form of xlat functions with no parameter is no longer working.
For example: %{myxlat}

This used to work (not too long ago).
This is useful to me, although I can still get the same result with: %{myxlat:}
But this is a bit ugly though...

Do you think we could get this to work again without the colon ?

Regards,
Nicolas.