FreeRADIUS 3.0.23 custom mysql queries in mysql/queries.conf

Dave Grassi dgrassi at corp.digitalpath.net
Sat Oct 2 00:41:04 CEST 2021

I'm trying to add a custom query for the accounting section under
interim-update, but have been somewhat unsuccessful in my goal.

I was able to add my custom query (saving and manipulating octets in a
new table),  but by doing so it disables the original update/insert queries.
Disable might be the wrong word, it seems that you can only have 2
queries per section (an update and insert which one should succeed).

If I move my queries below the original insert/updating accounting
queries, those run but now mine do not.
I then tried moving my custom query into its own section interim-update
{} however the behavior persists, only the 1st interim-update scope gets
processed.
If I move my interim-update scope above the original interim-update
scope, my mysql queries execute but the original interm-update is skipped.

I also tried creating my own accounting{} scope with type{} then
interim-update{} and put my own queries there, but same behavior they
are skipped.

Any assistance would be appreciated.