access-challenge

Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati srinivasarao at multitech.co.in
Mon Aug 1 07:47:36 CEST 2005

Thanks Alan.
Would please answer another question in-line below.

Alan DeKok wrote:

>Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati <srinivasarao at multitech.co.in> wrote:
>

>>1. Will FreeRadius challenges with access-challenge if auth-type is PAP?
>>

>  No.  Read the RFC's for how PAP works.
>

>>2.  How  FreeRadius  understands  incoming Radius access-request packet
>>    contains PAP authentication information, CHAP authentication information
>>    or MS-CHAP authentication information or other authentication
>>information?
>>

>  It looks in the packets.

I think if access-request packet contains user-password attribute,
FreeRadius authenticates with PAP.
If access-request packet contains chap-password attribute, FreeRadius
authenticates with CHAP.
Am I correct?
How MS-CHAP and other authentication methods are identified from
access-request by FreeRadius?

--
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati