Cisco WAP 1200 Accounting for 802.1X PEAP

Stefan Winter freeradius-users-ml at stefan-winter.de
Mon Aug 1 08:17:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I am having difficulty getting my Cisco APs (all 1230s) to send
> accounting information regarding
> 802.1x PEAP authentications - stop/start info.    Does anyone have this
> working?  If so can you please post the AP config.

This is off-topic for this list (no RADIUS server issue). Anyway:

> I currently have the following:
> aaa accounting network eap_methods start-stop group rad_acct

This is only one part. It sends you start-stop packets when *network* events
happen, i.e. stop packet only when a EAPoL-Logoff is occuring on the network.
This does not cover events like "station disassociated", "cable was
unplugged" etc.
Try adding the two lines
aaa accounting system default start-stop group radius
aaa accounting resource default start-stop group radius
(eventually replacing "default" and "radius" for your setup)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg