Freeradius - LDAP Authenication

Kris Benson kbenson at sd57.bc.ca
Fri Aug 5 21:29:13 CEST 2005

August 5, 2005 at 12:27 -0800 wrote:

>I have tried various accounts my own and test accounts along with
>variations
>of the DN and I get the same errors. I'm at a loss as ldapsearch and
>telneting to the port all seem to work.

Well, having just looked at your config again, I'm wondering if it isn't
this filter:
 ldap: filter = "(&(objectClass=aRadiusAccount)(uid=%u))"

is that 'a' supposed to be there?

Also, have you custom defined the LDAP schmea for this objectclass?  If
not, I don't believe the 'aRadiusAccount' is valid, at least not in the
standard OpenLDAP w/FreeRadius extensions schema that I have.

What if you start by removing that part of the filter and just searching
for the uid?

-kb
--
Kris Benson, CCP, I.S.P.