Pb with EAP/MD5

Rafael DiazMaurin Rafael.DiazMaurin at cnrs-bellevue.fr
Mon Aug 8 09:54:18 CEST 2005

Hello,
Cna someone help me ?
I use : freeradius 1.0.4, and a switch CISCO 2950

I'm trying to configure EAP/MD5, but the client can't show the window of
login/password, it's connected to the network without asking for the
login/password, and the freeradius daemon is still :
            Listening on authentication *:1812
            Listening on accounting *:1813
            Ready to process requests.
A part of the log of the freeradius :
    Module: Loaded eap
     eap: default_eap_type = "md5"
     eap: timer_expire = 60
     eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = yes
     eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
    rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
    Module: Instantiated eap (eap)

The local tests are ok !

Here is the configurations I tested :
raddb/users :
test    Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "test"
         Service-Type = Framed-User

On the client (windows XP sp2) I configure the 802.1x properties on Type
EAP : MD5-Challenge

Thanks,
Rafael.