debian install and modules

N White nwtech at tele-net.net
Mon Aug 15 01:34:42 CEST 2005

I would like to get rlm_sqlcounter working, but I have FreeRADIUS
installed via "apt-get install freeradius freeradius-mysql" from the
Debian sources. They do not apparently include the "experimental
modules" in this package, and there is not another package for these
modules. I tried compiling, and then copying the 'rlm_sqlcounter.*'
files to where the other libraries are, and freeradius recognized
sqlcounter(it started, and saw my entries in sqlcounter.conf and
experimental.conf), but it would not work correctly with them. I
compiled FreeRADIUS on a test server with the experimental modules
option, and copied my configs from the debian server, and it works fine.
Is there any way to get rlm_sqlcounter to work with the Debian package
without having to recompile/install FreeRADIUS from source?