Debian 802.1x LDAP

Cian Phillips cian at cca.edu
Tue Aug 16 08:40:32 CEST 2005

Greetings.

I'm trying to get a Debian (stable) box set up to authenticate users
for our Cisco Wireless Control Software via LDAP. I have tried the
Debian package and can get LDAP running easily. When I try to get the
eap/tls stuff working it gives me an error about missing libraries.

rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/tls: rlm_eap_tls.so: cannot open

I have googled this and found some messages that suggest compiling
from source and using the --shared-disabled flag at compile time but
I've tried building from source and can't even get LDAP working..
each time I un-comment the ldap line from the radiusd.conf file and
try to start using radiusd -x I get a segfault.

Ideally I would like to stick with Debian as that is what my other
production servers are but would be willing to use something else if
it makes easier work of this process.

If anyone has gotten Debian + 802.1x + LDAP working or even just
802.1x + LDAP I could really use some pointers if even just to tell
me it is or isn't possible.

Thanks in advance.

Cian Phillips

Cian Phillips