MPPE/PEAP support not in anything but CVS snapshots?

Bill Carr bcarr at commsolutions.com
Fri Aug 19 02:18:40 CEST 2005

I have a quick question, I ran across a note in a document about 0.97 stating that MPPE support was only in the nightly snapshots and not in the normal releases.
(http://www.alphacore.net/contrib/nantes-wireless/eap-tls-HOWTO.html)

If this changed since 2002, could someone let me know when?

Otherwise I'm chasing my tail using a RHEL ES RPM which starts, runs but won't start the EAP piece, but a freshly compiled version works fine.

I have a client who's a stickler for using the "vendor"-blessed versions and I've been trying to figure out why this has been more difficult to set up than most of my out-of-the-box configs.

Thanks a bunch!