FR suddenly doesn't respond any more and eats all cpu
benedikt.panzer at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 19 10:08:03 CEST 2005
this time the error (you know, no response and full cpu load) occured
and at least I found something in the normal logfile:
Fri Aug 19 09:22:02 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: All ldap connections are in use
Fri Aug 19 09:22:03 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Timed
out while waiting for server to respond. Please increase the timeout.
Fri Aug 19 09:22:37 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap:
uid=ilebraun,ou=accounts,dc=SIAM bind to
lanldap1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de:389 failed: timeout
Fri Aug 19 09:24:32 2005 : Info: The maximum number of threads (32) are
active,cannot spawn new thread to handle request
Fri Aug 19 09:24:41 2005 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id
1123056560) for request 47
These are reapeated many times, especially the first one.
They probably mean that I have a problem with my LDAP-Server, right? Has
someone experience, what parameter could be critical for the eDirectory?
Thanks in advance, Benedikt
> I've configured here a FreeRADIUS 1.0.4 and I'm running it now to
> handle test requests. First, everything looked ok. FR responded all
> requests correctly. But suddenly it didn't respond any more to RADIUS
> requests and I saw it used 1 of my 2 cpus completly. Before it took
> between 1-2 percent of the cpu. FreeRADIUS even could not be killed by
> a normal kill, I needed kill -9 to terminate it. It's very strange to
> me that happend after half an hour normal behavior. Then I started
> FreeRADIUS in debugging mode (-X) but then the error didn't occur
> until I stopped it 1 day later. Just now I ran it again in
> not-debugging mode and again after about half an hour the same strange
> error: processor load about 99% and no responses to any requests.
More information about the Freeradius-Users