Issues authenticating vs 2003 AD

Tim P panterafreak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:57:47 CEST 2005

I understand you have said that repeatedly what I am asking is where
is that chap coming from?  I am not sure if it is coming from pppd or
l2tpd or my windows client as I have radius properly configured
correct?

The client is windows xp sp2 with a vpn tunnel going to the box, ipsec
works fine, l2tp recieves the auth request and hands it to pppd which
then passes it to radius.  On the windows side I have set it to only
use mschap-v2 (also tried it with only ms chap) so it would seem the
windows client is configured properly.

So does my radius config look correct and another peice of the chain
is broken and for some reason passing auth as chap?

I'm sorry I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to radius, this is
my first time using it, please be patient, I am just trying to figure
out how it works (and yes I have read the conf file but still am not
100% sure of it).

Thanks,
Tim