best place for logic - users file or custom module?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 23 19:00:32 CEST 2005

Tariq Rashid <tariq.rashid at uk.easynet.net> wrote:
> is python more stable than the support for perl? i have much more experience
> in python than perl.

  See bugs.freeradius.org for an updated python module.  There's been
no feedback about it, so I'm leery of adding it in until people say it
works.

> also is the "perl/python" stuff persistent - or is the interpreter invoked
> for every request? i am asking as i think this is the main reason for
> Radiator's performance issues - in theory even a big interpreter loaded into
> RAM should run fine ... but I suspect something inefficent is happening with
> Radiator.

  It's probably a combination of things.  More RAM usage, coupled with
having an interpreted language pack/unback binary data.  I'll bet if
they wrote 10% of it in C, it would run at 75% the speed of FreeRADIUS.