ldap_connections_number

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Aug 23 19:58:03 CEST 2005

Benedikt Panzer <benedikt.panzer at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Even tough there are many RADIUS requests in the queue (they have to be)
> and I allowed 50 connections to the ldap server FR opens justs 1 or 2. Why?

  When you're binding as a user, for authentication, you can't re-use
the same connection for multiple requests.  So you've got to
open/close individual connections.

  If you're just doing DB lookups, and not "LDAP bind as user", then
it should open multiple connections.

> That wouldn't bother me usually. But my ldap server delays responses
> when the password was wrong.

  Why are you having your LDAP server perform authentication?  Why not
use LDAP as a database, and have FreeRADIUS do the authentication?

>  And because FR uses only so few parallel connections also those
> requests with correct passwords are affected and delayed. That's why
> I'd really apreciate if FR used more connections. Is there a chance?

  Sure, edit the source code.