Error compiling cvs-snapshot on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Aug 24 11:18:13 CEST 2005

Valeriy V. Peshkoff wrote:

> I'm still unable to compile CVS version of freeradius on Freebsd

[...]

> gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5
> -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
> -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -W -Wredundant-decls -Wundef
> -D_LIBRADIUS -I../include -DHMAC_SHA1_DATA_PROBLEMS -c dict.c  -fPIC
> -DPIC -o .libs/dict.o
> In file included from ../include/libradius.h:38,
>                 from dict.c:42:
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:243: error: redefinition of `struct
> sockaddr_storage'

It seems to me the bug is either in autoconf or in FreeBSD headers.
I don't know what could be done in FreeRADIUS to work around it.

You could possibly try:
1. Install the latest autoconf version and run a "make configure".
2. If it still doesn't work, try to use CFLAGS=-DHAVE_STRUCT_SOCKADDR_STORAGE

--
Nicolas Baradakis