16 bit attr decoding..

Wesley Spadola wspadola at porchlight.ca
Fri Aug 26 19:56:17 CEST 2005

I am currently working with the CVS (1.1.0) HEAD version of FreeRADIUS.
It is using the SQL module with the Lucent 16bit atributes turned on.

To make sure we have the most attributes available, I have merged the
Ascend dictionary (more specifically, the just the VALUEs), because the
CVS dictionary.lucent had none.  Just attributes.

I have been using Lucent-Modem-Modulation
(code 305) and Lucent-Modulation (code 20106) in the SQL statements to
discern which one would be coming from our NAS (MAX TNT running TAOS
v11), and it looks as though Lucent-Modem-Modulation is currently being
sent.

Now, while I was testing this last week I was receiving:
Lucent-Modem = v90/v34/v92/etc
instead of this week:
Lucent-Modem-Modulation = 1/2/18/etc

Is there a possible reason it used code 20106 last week and now code
305?  Also, is there a reason I'm being given numerical values back
instead of what they represent?  Here is the current state of the
relevant portion of our dictionary.lucent:

ATTRIBUTE       Lucent-Modem-Modulation                 305     integer
ATTRIBUTE       Lucent-Modulation                       20106   integer
..
..
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v90               1
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v34               2
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v17               3
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v23               4
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v21               5
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      k56flex           6
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v22bis            7
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v32               8
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      bell212           9
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      bell103           10
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v22               11
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      vFC               12
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v33               13
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      bell208           14
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v29               15
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v27               16
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      none              17
VALUE   Lucent-Modulation                      v92               18
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v90               1
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v34               2
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v17               3
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v23               4
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v21               5
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      k56flex           6
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v22bis            7
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v32               8
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      bell212           9
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      bell103          10
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v22              11
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      vFC              12
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v33              13
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      bell208          14
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v29              15
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v27              16
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      none             17
VALUE   Lucent-Modem-Modulation                      v92              18

Thanks,
Wes