multiple threads

Artur Hecker hecker at enst.fr
Tue Aug 30 15:21:48 CEST 2005

hi Alan

 >> context: on a Fedora Core 3 system (linux 2.6.9) I configured n=5
but FR would not start but one instance. also in the "radiusd -X" there
is no notice of thread-pool config being read.

 >   FC4 uses a newer Linux kernel, which *correctly* shows only one
 > process via "ps", even when that process has multiple threads.

ok. you are right. i found the thread info in /proc/$PID/status.

 >   And "-X" means "don't start threads".  See the "man" page.

ok, no i meant the daemon mode. sorry, my comment was a bit misleading.
it's just that i would expect FR to show every configuration token it
has read. and thread pool seems to be ignored in the debug.

thanks Alan.

ciao
artur