FreeRadius different authorization and authentication methods

Jason Carr jcarr at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 30 18:42:13 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm attempting to use a FreeRadius server for authentication of wireless
 using 802.1x.  I would also like to use a SQL database for
authorization.  I've done some limited testing without success.  It
looks like the authorization method also is the authentication method,
for example if I use sql for the authorization and eap for the
authentication, the authentication request fails:

modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
auth: Failed to validate the user.

Even though the config file states:

authorize {
	preprocess