how to run sql query on radius startup

Sergey Pariev spariev at tnet.dp.ua
Tue Aug 30 22:47:08 CEST 2005

Hello.
Thanks for quick reply, Alan.

Alan DeKok пишет:
> Sergey Pariev <spariev at tnet.dp.ua> wrote:
>
>>So I'd like to clarify if such a query hook exists at all, and if not,
>>how it can be done.
>

>   No query hook.  As for how it could be done, edit
> src/modules/rlm_sql/rlm_sql.c.

Ok, I'll look into it, thanks.

>>Also I would appreciate any freeradius-related suggestions or best
>>practices for dealing with things like stale sessions, handling improper
>>shutdown etc
>

>   stale sessions can be handled via radzap.
>
>   I'm not sure what you mean bu "improper shutdown".  You should be
> able to kill the RADIUS server at any time & restart it.  The only
> effect will be a few seconds where people can't log in.

I probably haven't phrased my question clear enough. I wanted to ask
about preferred strategies of dealing with data consistency at the
db-level of the radius-based setup - is it better to run some procedure
on the startup, as I'm going to do, or one can just setup some
periodical checks, or to use radzap as you're suggested, or may be there
are some other methods/strategies experienced guys use I'm not aware of ?

Thanks, Sergey.