Freeradius How to integrate Active Directory and return groupattribute to VPN Concentrator

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Fri Dec 2 19:11:10 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Alhagie Puye wrote:

> Ok, So I played around some more with the settings.
>
> Actually "group" and "groupofnames" are not correct attributes for user.
>
> It is supposed to be "memberof". So I changed line in ldap.attrmap to
> look like:
>
> replyItem       Class                           memberof
>
> Now I'm getting replyItems but the data looks like garbage. I want it to
> return the group name.

You are returning CN as the class in your radius packet.

Class = CN

Class is not a string, its an octet so what you are seeing 434e is really
CN.  You must be returning something like

memberof: CN=somegroup,ou=someou,...

It seems like rlm_ldap is stripping anything after that = sign.  You
should check the bugs db and see if you can find something like this.