Configuring a proxied and local authentication

Samuel Degrande Samuel.Degrande at lifl.fr
Fri Dec 2 19:13:50 CET 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Samuel Degrande <Samuel.Degrande at lifl.fr> wrote:
>
>>I don't find a way to add a NAS-Identifier value inside the proxied
>>request, so that B server could check it...
>

>   That's because the NAS didn't send it.  FreeRADIUS doesn't add one,
> so...
>

>>I tried:
>>and
>

>   That won't work in the "users" file.  You have to set the
> NAS-Identifier in the preproxy_users file.

works just fine. thanks a lot !

>>How to configure the A server so that if B rejects the request, then
>>A will check in a local user base (through pam) ?
>

>   That's a little harder.  The server isn't designed to do that easily.

arghhh... but even if it's not easy, is there a solution ? :-)

I did think of a hack, but it's not really a good solution I guess :
- use a pam authentication, and
- write a specific pam_radius module which will first request
  the remote radius server and then search in the local user base...

--
Samuel Degrande           LIFL - UMR8022 CNRS - INRIA Futurs - Bat M3
Phone: (33)3.28.77.85.30  USTL - Universite de Lille 1