Free Radius and Squid

Sean Ali sean.ali at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:53:45 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm very new to free raduis and would like to know if it will run with
squid proxy server. If so how would this work? What I am looking to do
is to allow users to access the internet via the transparent squid
proxy for limited time sessions. Eg. a user who wishes to use the
system would be greeted by a web page asking for a code. The code
(which they would get from the system admin) would grant them access
for 1 hour. Can this be done using FreeRadius and Squid?

Sean.