Postgres

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Dec 12 18:20:43 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-12 at 15:57 -0500, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, leunam atebro wrote:
>
> > I am new to this freeradius server, can you give me
> > some idea on how to authenticate freeradius in a
> > postgres database? Also, I need sample configuration
>
> Working, tested, proven sample configuration files are [what this project
> is in] in desperate need of.

Very few changes need to be made to make FreeRadius work with
PostgreSQL using the default configuration files, the main
change is selecting the postgres configuration file. The schema
and configuration files are included. There isn't information
on how to configure PostgreSQL, because they have their own
documentation and mailing list.

I have provided data sets for testing PostgreSQL in the past
and are likely still in the archives.

I did extensive testing prior to the release of version 1.0 to
ensure that the PostgreSQL driver had equivalent capability to
the default MySQL driver.

Most problems configuring FreeRadius for use with SQL backends
is misconfiguration of the SQL system. Test the SQL connection
using the username, password, host and port from the radius
server using the values you have configured in the config files
using the databases command line utilities to ensure you have
properly configured your database. In many cases you will
need to edit the host based authentication and configuration
files to enable IP connectivity and allow authentication
for the SQL backend from the FreeRadius server. All of this
is part of the SQL server configuration and is not covered
by FreeRadius, because it is covered by the database
documentation.

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator