Authenticate users for a hotel through webpage?

Gunther freeradius at caribsms.com
Wed Dec 14 14:38:48 CET 2005

mfred wrote:
> maybe someone can point me to the right direction as it seems I use
> wrong keywords for my search in the list and on google.
> I am trying to use freeradius with wlan to authenticate hotel guests
> that need i-net access.
>
> They would prefer that the customer could visit a webpage entering the
> username / password combination they got at hotel-reception. Would
> this be a authentication methode which freeradius can handle or do I
> have to use other authentication modules for such a purpose?
>
> The most important thing is: Easy to use for the hotel staff at
> registering / deleting guests and easy to use for the guests at login.
>
> TIA and br,
>
> mfred

Hi, we build a complete solution for Internet access for hotel guests,
marinas etc. using FreeRadius.
With a web-based control panel, different staff permission levels, custom
defined access packages etc.
No server at the hotel required, we operate them centrally on the Internet
... www.pointHotspot.com
Individual hotel login page pops up when guest/user goes to any website,
they type in username and password and
can then use the Internet as long as they are allowed.

Gunther