Checkitems

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Fri Dec 16 02:44:16 CET 2005

> Maybe my last question was unclear this morning.
> Therefore I would like to rephrase it:
>
> Checkitems may be defined via ldap.attrmap e.g. like:
>
> checkItem       User-Category                   primaryGroupID
>
> Those items,  retrieved from an ldapserver and thus not part of the request:
> Are they  supposed to be accessible by following modules?
>
> In a case like this in radiusd.conf:
>
> authorize { ldap { notfound = return } files  }
>
> Should the files module have access to to a check item User-Category ?
> Thanks

I'm not sure, I've never tried that before, but I don't believe you can.
I think you'd need to use xlat for that.  Grep for xlat in doc/rlm_ldap.

You could certainly use that ldap attribute as an Ldap-Group item, if you
are going to be keying off of it a lot.

in radiusd.conf

groupmembership_attribute = "primaryGroupID"

Then in the users file

DEFAULT Ldap-Group != "xxx", Auth-Type := Reject

  or something like that.