No Reply Proxy for Accounting Requests

David Bickle dbickle at adzilla.com
Fri Dec 16 19:37:40 CET 2005

In some versions of RADIUS it is possible using the proxy feature to forward
accounting requests to a home radius server or some other 3rd party server
without having to wait for a response packet. Typically this is accomplished
by configuring an attribute (ie. IgnoreAccountingResponse) in the proxy
section where the forwarding server is instructed to not wait for a reply. I
have examined the proxy.conf file and there appears to be no equivalent
functionality in FreeRadius. Is this true? Is there a work around?