rlm_sqlcounter and something else than Session-Timeout

Jonathan De Graeve Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be
Tue Dec 20 22:10:21 CET 2005

>   So if they're under the limit at the start of the session, they can
> go over during the session, and no one will notice.  This has NOTHING
> to do with changing the limits during a session.

The problem I think most people (and also me) now have appears when you
have max-octet limits. If a user exceeded his monthly usage, he can't
login anymore until the next month starts. But if he didn't so the
remainder is returned as Session-Timeout. The problem with this is that
all nasses take this value as 'seconds' instead as octets which will
logout a user. Lets say if he got 4GB as remainder, the system will
logout the user in 4s (which isn't the behaviour we want offcourse)

That's the reason (IMHO) most people want the possibility to set the
reply attribute.

J.