Problem with CHAP, users file and radclient

Andreas Engler freeradius at arcor.de
Thu Dec 22 00:16:31 CET 2005

Hello Alan,

>Andreas Engler <freeradius at arcor.de> wrote:
>

>>> One question remains. Is it possible to resend an auth-detail file with
>>> Access-Requests that once where successfully authenticated via radclient
>>> and authenticate them successfully again, even if there are
>>> Chap-Password and Chap-Challenge attributes in the auth-detail file and
>>> so the Auth-Type will be CHAP?
>>

>  I have *no* idea what that means.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Ok, sorry. I try it  with other words and hope the problem becomes clear.

I try to test a fresh freeradius 1.0.5 installation.
I use radclient to send Access-Request packets, which are stored in a file.
These Access-Request packets were loged with an other freeradius server
in production environment.
These Access-Request packets contain Chap related attributes, so the
Auth-Type will be CHAP.

When i resend such Access-Request packet via radclient, it will not
authenticate successfully again.

Where is the problem in that test setup?

Thank you

Andreas Engler