Radius SIP billing

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Dec 23 05:53:55 CET 2005

"Lenir" <lenirsantiago at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But if UserB hangs up on UserA: SER generates a stop-record where the
> Calling-Station-Id is UserB and the Called-Station-Id is UserA, this is the
> undesired and incorrect behavior.

  It would appear to be a bug in SER.

> To me the Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id should be the same
> for both start and stop records, am I right by thinking that?

  Yes.

> According to the developers of SER/OpenSER, this is the correct behavior,
> whoever sends the hangup signal (BYE or CANCEL) is considered the
> Calling-Station-Id, and they are unwilling to modify or create a patch to
> "fix" this.

  What they do for something inside of SER is their business.  When
they generate RADIUS packets, they should follow RADIUS standards and
interoperability.  The expectation, as you said, is that the
Calling/Called-Station-Id doesn't change during a session.  If it
does, it's a bug and they should fix it.

> So for my purposes, i need the Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id
> to be the same on both the star and stop records, since the start record is
> always correct, what do I need to do to have FR "fix" the stop record when
> it receives it to show the same Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id
> as the Start Record?

  I would say it's not a FreeRADIUS issue.  Rather, just inject the
records into SQL as-is, and write a script to post-process the SQL
database, to fix the records.