state of art of freeradius

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Mon Dec 26 16:26:57 CET 2005

Rafael Roldán wrote:
> Hy all,
>
> I would like to know your opinion about the following issues:
>
> Which is the most common use of the freeradius server in your particular
> cases?
Authorizing dialup and highspeed wireless users. A secondary use is
authenticating users allowed to log in to network equipment such as
routers, switches, and servers.
> Which version are you using? is it stable?
1.0.5. Very stable
> What problems have you found using freeradius (during installation,
> configuration, use...)?
Ignorance is always my biggest hurdle. I find I attempt to perform tasks
with freeradius with which I am not familiar enough as to make the
proper config very difficult.
I expect the wiki to help with this as examples of challenges and their
solutions are posted.
> My objective is writing a document trying to reflect the state of art of
> the freeradius server.
I think if you are looking for the state of the art in RADIUS then you
found it. Free or not.
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications