Experimental bleeding edge patched debian packages available

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Tue Dec 27 20:34:40 CET 2005

I have made my local customized debian apt-get repository available online.

http://apt-repo.ttec.com

Found there are freeradius packages -- they are generally unstable CVS
and contain patches that I run with. These should not in any way be
construed as any actual release by the freeRADIUS team or by any offical
Debian maintainers. I dont expect anyone to actually install the
binaries. I expect most people who actually use it (if any) to merely
obtain the source.

No guarantees or warranties made in any way shape or form for anything.
In particular, the latest package(s) there is suspected to core-dump
infrequently after HUP.

I want to thank Paul Hampson and all those who have contributed to
Freeradius development, and for this instance, in particular the debian
packaging.

It was done in such a way as to make maintaining a customized package
that parallels offical releases and code trivial.

(##from memory its something like .....
mkdir cvs-XXXX
cd cvs-XXX
cvs co radiusd
cd ..
mkdir debian
cd debian
apt-get source freeradius
cd freeradius-*
diff -urN ../../cvs-XXX/radiusd/debian debian | less
#<use your head>
vi debian/changelog
mv debian ..
#carefull here