Selecting one of multiple Ldap server in users file

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Dec 28 18:06:41 CET 2005

"Gerald Richter" <richter at ecos.de> wrote:
> That's what I already do and authorization works correctly and accesses
> ldap1 or ldap2 as it should, but when it comes to authentication, Auth-Type
> is set to "LDAP" by the authorization phase and it didn't know about
> different ldap servers anymore

  OK, enough is enough.  This "auto-set Auth-Type" in LDAP is just
broken.  I'll fix it before 1.1.0 to do the following:

  - add a config option saying "set_auth_type = yes/no"
  - the default will be "yes" for backwareds compatibility
  - the "yes" case will also be smarter about multiple LDAP instances
  - setting it to "no" will turn off the auto-setting

  That should allow existing configurations to work, and will allow
people like you to get things done without fighting with the module.