Adapting Reply-Msg to Reject cause

Yannick Deltroo deltroo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 22:02:12 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm using Freeradius with rlm_sql & sqlcounter to authorize access to hotspots.
I would like to set a specific Reply-Message (which is displayed in
the user browser) depending the Reject cause, for instance:
- Reply-Msg="Account has expired" (if reject because of Expiration == XXXX)
- Reply-Msg="Time credit is exhausted" (if reject because of
Max-All-Session := XXXX)
- Reply-Msg="Access not allowed from this NAS" (if reject because of
Nas-Identifier !=XXXX)
- Reply-Msg="Wrong password" (if cannot authenticate)

How can I do that without writing a custom authorization script ?

Thanks for yout help.
Yannick Deltroo