linux QoS with pppd and freeradius

Jandre Olivier jandre at megaserve.net
Fri Dec 30 09:56:42 CET 2005

I am using freeradius for our vpn servers and pppoe-servers ( all linux
based) .
My QoS scripts which is tc scripts(HTB/SFQ) with iptables connection
tracking which I manipulate via acct_users stop and start bits when the
users logs on. I use alot of scripts to make database checks for QoS
pools and shape the username accordingly as the ips is dynamic.

Found a site
http://bubble.nsys.by/projects/tc_config/beta-docs/README.dynamic where
this guy does his shaping with attributes which would be awesome to do.

Anyone with advice on doing it this kinda way with attributes.?

                         __   _
                    localhost at localdomain.za.net