Custom Reply Attribute Ranges

Chey chey.smith at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:52:49 CEST 2005

Hello,
   I am using some custom attributes in my reply packet but I am a
little confused. According to the
/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary file it states that "ranges
500-999 are server-side attributes which can go in the reply list."
Based on my tests it seems the ranges for reply attributes is only
0-255.

Using my custom attributes I receive a reply if I use 255, but if i
use 560 I don't receive my attribute in the reply.

I guess my question is, what are the ranges I can use for custom
attributes that FreeRadius will actually send in a reply?

Depending on the answer to that question...Is there a problem with the
documentation in the dictionary file?

FreeRadius Version 1.0.4
Using MySQL for authentication
on Debian