[radius] Freeradius/MySql problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sun Jul 3 22:10:02 CEST 2005

Radius <radius at kingmanaz.net> wrote:
> I re-ran the install as you said below.
>
> I think it's working, I just have to get used to adding /opt/freeradius
> in the command lines.
>
> Been watching with the radiusd -x and can even run a radtest

  Exactly.  The problem, as evidenced by your multiple recent emails,
is that you weren't sure what you had done, or what you were doing.
As a result, your progress was less than speedy.

  In general, you NEVER upgrade production servers until you've
upgraded your testing server, and validated the configuration.

  You do have a testing server, don't you?  Or do you always make
updates to your live config, and hope it doesn't break anything?

> But now I'm back to the original problem to deny anything with UPPER
> CASE letters to
> prevent double billing by our provider.

  A recent post explained how to fix this.  I suggest going back, and
reading all of the messages in this thread.