forming Tunnel with TLS

Stefan Winter freeradius-users-ml at stefan-winter.de
Tue Jul 5 08:44:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

> Is it possible with free RADIUS to form  tunnel directly between two radius
> servers which dont have any shared secret between them but knowing each
> other IP address. Means by forming the secret dynamically with TLS
> handshaking?

no, but there are some dedicated tools that form TLS tunnels and then
transport TCP and UDP packets through that tunnel. I've heard of zebedee
http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/
for example, it does explicitly state that it does UDP tunneling.  Note,
however, that this does not automatically do the RADIUS secret handshaking
for you, you have got to do that yourself.
If you want to give it a try, I'd be interested in hearing from your
experiences.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg