Dusty Here's the info requested......PAP ok No Chap new Installation.

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Thu Jul 7 17:40:25 CEST 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Radius wrote:

> OK, so there is nothing you can see why it's not working?
>
> The PAP authenticates work fine. it's CHAP that is failing.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Well, the debug output you sent didn't contain a CHAP passwd.  It failed
because you had set Auth-Type == System, which told freeradius to auth
against /etc/passwd, which failed.

As I asked before, what happens when you comment out Auth-Type == System
in your users file?  Did you try that, yet?

Also, if please post debug output that contains a CHAP passwd in it for
help with your CHAP problem.