Problems authenticating and assigning DHCP addresses

Zoltan A. Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Sun Jul 10 00:21:37 CEST 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 16:45, jck-freeradius at southwestern.edu wrote:

> My first question is:
>
> 	How do I tie all of this together with a DHCPd server, so that they
> 	authenticated clients can be assigned an IP address.  I am using
> 	VLAN tunnel attributes so that, when DHCP support /is/ implemented, I
> 	can assign different IP addresses with different access privileges.
>
> 	How can I implement a DHCPd server into my configuration?

Since you are using VLANs and want different IP ranges for different access
privileges, I would suggest you use Q-Trunks if your network equipment
permits. Build a DHCP scope for each VLAN address range, then assign the
gateway and helper address to each virtual interface of the trunks on your
router. This has nothing to do with RADIUS and should be covered in your
router, switch and access point manuals.

Zoltan Ori