LDAP authentication

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jul 12 22:40:28 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 13:25 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I don't really care about any information that's returned, I only want
> to authenticate against LDAP.

To be more precise, authentication happens during the LDAP Bind request.
Subsequent searches are irrelevant.

Can freeradius do the same? I.e., wait for a username / password request
from a client, bind to the LDAP server using the supplied password (and
passing the username with the DN line) and report success/failure to the
Radius client based on the success/failure of the LDAP Bind transaction.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/