Active Directory + LDAP

Stefan Winter freeradius-users-ml at stefan-winter.de
Wed Jul 13 11:32:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

> > Secondly, I would like to use clear-text passwords in the Access-Request
> > packets. Would the mschap module figure out things right automagically?
>
>   No.  For that, you can list ldap in the authenticate section.
>
> >  As I see it, it only gets active and sets Auth-Type to MS-CHAP when
> > it sees a Challenge in the Access-Request. Could this be one of the
> > rare cases where I have to set Auth-Type manually (to MS-CHAP) get
> > ntlm_auth running?
>
>   You may set Auth-Type, but don't set it to MSCHAP.  Set it to LDAP.

authorize {
        mschap
       ldap
        files
}

and

authenticate {
       Auth-Type LDAP {
               ldap

right? Or would the mschap module be completely obsolete in this case? But
then I don't understand why so many people complain that auth against Active
Directory doesn't work with the LDAP module?

Startled greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg