No SSL info available. Waiting for more SSL data with Red Hat 7.1

Dick dm at chello.nl
Wed Jul 13 21:35:12 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok <aland <at> ox.org> writes:
>   I would suggest going through the debug logs for the two different
> servers, and comparing the packets in detail.  Find out what the
> differences are, and why.  That will tell you what's going on.

the problems start with the following difference:

from glibc-2.2 radius:
rlm_eap_tls:  Length Included
  eaptls_verify returned 11
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 read client key exchange A
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 read finished A
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 write finished A
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 flush data
    (other): SSL negotiation finished successfully

from glibc-2.3 radius:
rlm_eap_tls:  Length Included
  eaptls_verify returned 11
  rlm_eap_tls: <<< TLS 1.0 Handshake [length 0086], ClientKeyExchange
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 read client key exchange A
  rlm_eap_tls: <<< TLS 1.0 ChangeCipherSpec [length 0001]
  rlm_eap_tls: <<< TLS 1.0 Handshake [length 0010], Finished
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 read finished A
  rlm_eap_tls: >>> TLS 1.0 ChangeCipherSpec [length 0001]
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
  rlm_eap_tls: >>> TLS 1.0 Handshake [length 0010], Finished
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 write finished A
    TLS_accept: SSLv3 flush data
    (other): SSL negotiation finished successfully

> Are you *sure* that the only differences in the two installations is
> glibc?  Maybe there's incompatible OpenSSL versions?

The captured packets are completely different, the glibc-2.2 capture contains a
NAS identifier, NAS Port, Framed MTU, NAS Port Type in the Access Request but
the glibc-2.3 capture seems to lack this information. While the request came
from the same accesspoint! (with an other radius server configured)

Does this ring a bell?

Thanks so far,

greetings
Dick