FreeRadius Chillispot

sean sean at topup.ie
Fri Jul 15 18:42:36 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 18:10 +0200, freeradius-users-
request at lists.freeradius.org wrote:
> > DSL Modem has pinholes set up directing traffic coming to the static
> ip
> > out to the same ports on 192.168.1.2 IE 82.141.232.132:1812 sent to
> > 192.168.1.2:1812
> > This works fine for Kannel, Apache etc.
>
>   Are the pinholes set up for TCP or UDP?
I have setup pinholes for both tcp and udp on ports 1812, 1813 and 1814.
They all point to the Radius server on 192.168.1.2. The Chillispot on
192.168.1.6 can direct traffic to the CGI login but sends nothing to
Radius. What I'm trying to understand is the sequence of events. When
the hospotlogin.cgi script gets a request from a Chillispot user from
the AP, does the cgi script initiate the Radius request? If this is the
case then the script is not sending a request to Radius. I really hope
that this is where the problem is. The alternative is that Chilli is
sending users to hotspologin on one port and sending something else on
another port. This would explain why hotspot clients can get to the
login page but Radius sees no requests.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards Sean

P.S Sorry that I forgot to change the subject line in the original
post.