FreeRADIUS and LDAP

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jul 18 21:25:13 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Our setup in LDAP right now is: ou=People,dc=domain,dc=net

Under the Organizational Unit of "People", we have our posixAccount users,
which have valid UNIX uid's and have email accounts.

However, not all of our Email users (ou=People) have radius accounts as well,
and sometimes, user "bob" in Email is not the same user as user "Bob" in
radius.

Therefore, I'm thinking of just creating ou=Radius, and then putting our dial
up customers in there.  If I were to do that, is there a better schema I can
use other than posixAccounts?  Such as a radius-only schema that supports
radius parameters as well?

Thanks!

-Matt