Different Passwd Files on Different Servers

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jul 19 18:35:27 CEST 2005

Bryan Beronilla <bberonilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.  How will I configure the conf files in order to authenticate
> different users to different passwd and shadow files based on their
> domain names?

  You don't.  You configure the "passwd" module to read passwords from
the different files.  The server will then use the password to
authenticate the user.

  To select which passwd module to use, and which passwd file to read,
see doc/Autz-Type.

> 2.  What is the most elegant way of accessing the passwd files on the
> second server?  Should I set up another radius server on the second
> box and pass on the request?  Or is there a better alternative.

  I would suggest copying the passwd files between the servers, unless
there's some other interaction I'm not aware of.