Debian and 'module "eap" returns noop for request'

Kris Benson kbenson at sd57.bc.ca
Thu Jul 21 22:58:18 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of trying to get a D-Link DWL-2100AP and a
DWL-7000AP to authenticate off FreeRadius, but FreeRadius doesn't seem to
be too keen on talking EAP to them.

I have self-compiled the EAP module on Debian due to the binary
distribution restrictions, and the error I'm getting is:

module "eap" returns noop for request [number]

for every time a Windows XP SP2 client tries to connect.

The Windows Hotfix is now only available by request, so I haven't been
able to try that to see if it solves the problem.  If someone has it,
please e-mail it to me! :-)

I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or a FreeRadius issue at this
point -- the "noop" seems odd, but perhaps it's what is being sent that is
causing it.

If someone could offer some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,

-kb
--
Kris Benson, CCP, I.S.P.