Question on sql.conf -> accounting_start_query <-> accounting_start_query_alt

Andreas Engler freeradius at arcor.de
Mon Jul 25 16:52:40 CEST 2005

Hello,

to prevent duplicate entries in the radacct table, shouldn't the
accounting_start_query be the "UPDATE" query and the
accounting_start_query_alt be the "INSERT into" query as it is the case
on stop and update.

In which case would the accounting_start_query fail and the
accounting_start_query_alt work?

I know, that freeradius manages handled retransmitted Acct-Requests, so
duplicate entries only would show up if at some point it wouldn't
remember. I don't know if this is impossible.

Thank you.

Andreas