mod_radius, apache2 and the auth cookie.

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Jul 27 18:59:53 CEST 2005

"Palmer J.D.F." <J.D.F.Palmer at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is it possible to set the timeout for the auth cookie used by the mod_radius
> authentication module to 0; by Zero I mean no time, not infinite time?

  You mean re-authenticate for every request?  That would require
source code changes.

> Or, is there a way that I can clear the cookie on a failed login?

  The module doesn't set the cookie on a failed login, so there
shouldn't be any problem.

> At present, if a user login fails the user has to close the browser and open
> another in order to be able to re-enter their credentials, I want to try to
> get round this if possible.

  I don't see why that would happen.  The module was designed, and
tested to work properly in that situation.

  Can you explain more about what you're doing, how, and what browser
you're using?