Authentication Responses during error conditions

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri Jul 29 07:43:35 CEST 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 17:09, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   RADIUS servers are supposed to return Access-Reject's for
> Access-Accepts, rather than just dropping the packets.
>

>   If the server *requires* a back-end DB, and that DB is down, then
> arguable the server can pretend it's down, too.

I am trying to get the Ascend NASs to switch to the secondary radius
server when the primary has a failure condition.  I know that no
response will cause that, but haven't been able to find any way to
make the switch occur with the primary is not working properly.  Is
there a particular value to send back that would cause the switch?