Disconnect-Request packet

N White nwtech at tele-net.net
Fri Jul 29 19:43:09 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

>Paul.Hampson at PObox.com (Paul Hampson) wrote:
>

>>This last point seems trivial until you try to proxy backwards
>>through a chain you have only the last hop of, and the last hop
>>doesn't neccessarily know what the previous hop was.
>>

>  Exaclty.  Coupled with the problem that the server is *supposed* to
>validate the disconnect request by running it through the *proxying*
>code, to see if it came FROM the site an Access-Request would have
>been proxied TO.
>
>  Yuck.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I understand this now, and why it would be... as you put it "yuck". Ha
Ha! Well thanks for answering my question and explaining it to me. Looks
like some custom scripting for me then. :-) My only problem now is going
to be figuring out how to send disconnect packets to different types of
server. Thanks for your help!

--
| Nick White              |