Freeradius+mysql error

Rupak rupak at sns.com.np
Wed Jun 1 01:33:49 CEST 2005

I checked bu there is no "mysqld.sock" in /var/run/mysqld. May be because my
sql is not started. Because it gives back an error telling that " mysqld
dead but subsys locked
Rupak

Rupak wrote:

>Ya you must be right. I have'nt configured the file /etc/my.cnf.I saw the
>file and found that the value of user= was set to mysql. Where as in the
>sql.conf file  I pointed out the following
>Login = "root"
>Password = "password".But I don't know how to configure mysql.Does any one
>have a link to a good tutorial.As I am a newbie in the world of mysql
>
>Hi,
>

>>Thank you for the reply I think I have compiled free radius with mysql
>>support because I had installed it --with-experimental-modules.Now if I
>>start the sql server by giving the command "mysql -u root -p rootpass
>>

>radius
>

>>< db_mysql.sql" then it returns me with the following error
>>
>>Error 2002: can't connect to local mysql server through socket
>>/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (111)
>>
>>What may be the problem.The following is my radius.conf for "authorize and
>>accounting section
>>

>this isnt a FreeRADIUS problem at this point - the above error message is a
>straight
>'mysql cannot talk to mysql server'.  check that
>
>1) mysql is running
>2) mysql is configured to allow your host to talk to it
>3) mysql is configured to allow root account to talk to it - and that the
>password is correct
>4) firewall issues - check that you arent blocking mysql conversations in
>some wierd way
>
>alan
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

>http://www.nod32.com
>

>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Additionally, if mysql failed to start have a look at
/var/log/mysql_error.log or something similar to that. It will tell you
the reason...

Also something could have screwed your /var/run/mysql/mysqld.sock.
For testing u may rename the file and restart mysqld then. It should
then create a new socket...

cheers
Sebastian